Raleigh Natural Fertility
Raleigh Natural Fertility: Tips to Finding the Right Natural Fertility Practitioner For Your Needs in Raleigh, North Carolina
Complementary or alternative medicine is rapidly gaining respect and acceptance within doctors’ offices and hospitals across the country as scientific evidence and studies of its efficacy continue to gain publication and recognition. There are many different types of Natural Healthcare Practitioners that provide a variety of different options, modalities and treatment. These are the most common types of practitioners that tend to specialize in or offer special treatment geared towards Preconception Healthcare and Natural Fertility. The various modalities they employ can increase success rates when used independently or with a standard western medical approach to infertility.
- Naturopathic Doctors: Naturopathic Medicine is a distinct system of primary health care – an art, science, philosophy and practice of preventing, treating and determining the cause of disease. Naturopathic medicine’s techniques include modern, traditional, scientific and empirical methods. Naturopathic Doctors are trained as primary care physicians, and are currently licensed to practice Naturopathic medicine as Primary Care Physicians in 16 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rick and the Virgin Islands. Naturopathic Medical training is a post-graduate 4year Doctorate program that consists of 2 years basic science training followed by Basic Science Board Exams, and a subsequent 2 years of clinic science training followed by Clinical Science Board exams. Along with standard diagnostics and treatments, Naturopathic Doctors are trained extensively in Botanical Medicine, Clinical Nutrition, Homeopathic Medicine, Mind/Body Medicine, Minor Surgery, Naturopathic Obstetrics/Midwifery, Oriental Medicine, and Physical Medicine.
In conclusion, Naturopathic Medicine involves stimulating the body’s innate ability to be in a balanced state of health and optimal function within the organ systems, such as the reproductive and hormonal systems and can increase success rates of pregnancy with or without hormone therapy or IVF.
- Licensed Acupuncturists/Oriental Medicine Practitioners:Classical Chinese Medicine is a complete health care tradition that is antiquated over 3,000-5,000 years and yet remains effective and relevant in modern times.The Classical Chinese Medical training consists of 2 years western basic science and Chinese theory training followed by 1.5-2 years of Chinese clinical training and Chinese Clinical, Acupuncture and Herbal Board exams.
Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM) and Acupuncture have centuries old traditions of treating fertility and addressing Endocrine (hormone) imbalances. In modern times, acupuncture and CCM are gaining increasing use and support by western medical doctors due to an increase in success rates of pregnancy to term and healthy babies with or without hormone therapy or IVF in women and men who use acupuncture as a preconception modality.
- Chiropractic Doctors:Chiropractic medicine is based around the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders of the neuromusculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on general health. The main Chiropractic treatment modality involves manual therapy, including the manipulation of the spine, other joints, and surrounding soft tissues. Treatment can also include exercises and lifestyle wellness counseling. Many infertility cases are associated with improper neuroendocrine system function, poor nutrition, and unhealthy lifestyle habits. Because the primary goal of chiropractic treatment involves reducing interference within the nervous system, the body can achieve a balanced state and increase the chances of fertility and healthy pregnancy.Chiropractic care can be used in conjunction with traditional approaches to fertility issues and can greatly enhance the chances of successful medical procedures such as IVF.
- Licensed Massage Therapists: Massage therapists do further training and specialize in Fertility and Pregnancy massage. There are numerous forms of uterine and abdominal massage which include but are not limited to: Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage ™, Self Fertility Massage ™, and Chi Nei Tsang. Abdominal massage increases blood flow to the vital organs, which stimulates lymphatic drainage, can release scar tissue or adhesions, minimize endometriosis and help balance hormones. All of which help aid in the process of treating fertility naturally.
- Hypnotherapists: Most women who are dealing with fertility issues tend to have a lot of worry and stress around the subject, and this gets exacerbated with each monthly menstrual cycle. Hypnotherapy can dramatically influence the mind, body, and nervous system into a deeply relaxed and calm state. Stress and anxiety around infertility can greatly impact the overall ease at which a couple conceives with success.
Whether you are seeking to enhance fertility naturally or to increase the effectiveness of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) while minimizing side effects, these different Natural Fertility Practitioners can help you achieve your dreams of having a family!
Dr. Meaghan Dishman, ND, LAc, MSOM is a Licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor and a Licensed Acupuncturist. Dr. Dishman maintains her Naturopathic License in the state of Oregon, her Acupuncture License in North Carolina, and is a National Diplomat of Acupuncture. She is currently the director and owner of Bloom Integrative Health located in beautiful Raleigh, North Carolina. She provides comprehensive Integrative healthcare for the whole family, offering Acupuncture and Naturopathic Medicine to Raleigh & The Triangle Area. Her specialties include Functional Endocrinology, Fertility, Reproductive Healthcare, Integrative Medicine, Functional Medicine, Pain Management, Lifestyle Counseling and Wellness.
If you’re ready to take control of your health once and for all, call us today at 919-825-3888. We are never too busy to help you!